Writing a blog isn't like writing the great American novel. The weird thing is, the writing isn't meant to make the reader fall in love with you, it's to inform and get google to like you.
It can be hard to understand the writing methodology for blogging especially if you are a great writer. Most of my clients are great writers, so this can be challenging.
Here are a few short guidelines on how to write a solid blog for optimal SEOness.
- Know Your Audience. Who are you speaking to?
- Tone: Write like you talk, this is for your clients, not your colleagues (NO acronyms please!)
- Write short compelling Headlines (Use search terms that you are trying to score for)
- Add Subheadings and Shorter Paragraphs to Break up the Page (Use terms again)
- Use Bullet Points to outline ideas
- Express clear benefits. Think of bullets as mini-headlines.
- Keep your bullets symmetrical. 1-2 lines each.
- Avoid bullet clutter. Don’t write paragraphs in bullets.
- Remember bullets are not sentences. They’re just like headlines.
- Close with a Motivational Bang! Inspires. Inspire. Inspire.
- Add a Clear Call-to-Action, what do you want to have happen after a person is done reading?
In summary, content is key to winning the Organic // SEO // the first page of google game. Keep in mind that as blogging becomes more and more popular as a tool for SEO, we have to stay ahead of the pack. Today that means writing stories that are at least 1000 words and having at least two blogs a month posted on your website and optimized.
Want to stay way way ahead? Let's talk video...
"Screw it, I don't want to write, will you do it for me?"
<< Hire us to write your blogs >>