Congrats! You are making videos and posting them on YouTube. You are smart!
YouTube is the second largest search engine behind Google. 3 billion searches per month happen. It beats the pant off Bing, Yahoo, AOL and Ask.com combined.
Now, let's make sure you are getting the most bang for your buck when you post that video.
It's not enough to just upload the video to YouTube, you gotta do it in a way where you are getting the most visibility you can.
Here are some things you can do when uploading the video:
- Name your video file using your target keywords
- Put the keyword naturally in the video title, don't sound like a robot
- Optimize the video description
Google notes the official character limit for YouTube video descriptions is 1,000 characters
- Categorize your video
Once your video is posted, you can categorize it under > Advanced settings
- Tag the video using popular keywords that relate to your vertical
YouTube's official Creator Academy suggests using tags, but be careful, don't go nuts or google might get mad at you
- Create & upload a custom thumbnail image for your video
The thumbnail is the main image people see when scrolling through a sea of videos. Make sure the image and type is easy to read
- Insert cards & end screens to increase channel viewership
Cards are preformatted indicators that appear on desktop and mobile which you can set up to promote your brand and other videos on your channel
- Add subtitles & closed captions
Add subtitles or closed captioning and click the drop-down arrow next to the edit button. Choose Subtitles/CC.
Then choose how you would like to add subtitles or closed captioning.
"F this, will you do it for me?"
<< Hire us to Optimize your stuff >>